I’ve been fortunate enough not to get sick this year… yet… *knock on wood*
I think most of it has to do with preventative measures. I try to do a bunch of things and drink/eat a bunch of things that prevent me from getting sick.
Because when I get sick… I lose my voice. And that would be bad!
Check out the 5 things Dr. Oz does to prevent sickness. I honestly do some of these, so yay!
1. Get a flu shot… check for me!
2. Wash your hands a lot: He also carries around an alcohol-based hand sanitizer wherever he goes. Look for one that’s at least 60% alcohol.
Here’s my hand sanitizer below. I have it attached to my purse!
3. Don’t skimp on sleep. One recent study found that if you average less than six hours of sleep a night, you’re four times more likely to catch a cold… I can’t tell you how true this is.
Side note: I usually weigh less after I get a good nights sleep. If I’m sleep-deprived or stressed, I actually weigh more. This doesn’t have anything to do with sickness, but I thought it was cool.
4. Get at least 15 minutes of sun every day. That’s not always easy in winter, but the vitamin D you get from it can make a big difference. He says he also takes a vitamin D supplement every day.
5. Exercise. But it doesn’t have to be a full workout. Even a few jumping jacks several times a day can help strengthen your immune system. And he also drinks a cup of Echinacea tea every day.
Even though it’s cold, try to go out for a quick ten minute walk if you can’t do anything else. You’ll warm up fast. OR you can do a quick 5 minute Bit of Fit video by clicking HERE.
What else do you do to prevent from getting sick? Comment below!